“COLIN” U.S. screenings news, DVD art/detailsArchive1 Fangoria Staff
Originally posted on 2010-09-02 16:49:59 by
Having won all kinds of acclaim, and attention for its $70 budget, over the last year or so, British filmmaker Marc Price’s zombie feature COLIN is finally making its way to American venues. Fango got the scoop on some of the initial bookings, as well as cover art and specs for a pair of upcoming DVD releases.
Alastair Kirton stars in the title role, a young man who becomes zombified during an undead outbreak; the movie follows him as he makes his way through postapocalyptic suburbia, still retaining traces of his past humanity. U.S. distributor Walking Shadows is currently finalizing the location of the movie’s North American premiere at a top haunted attraction. Already nailed down are the following screenings:
• Friday-Thursday, September 24-30 at the Facets Cinematheque, Chicago, IL
• Friday, October 1 at the Guild Cinema, Albuquerque, NM
• Friday, Oct. 15 at the Telluride Horror Show, CO
• Thursday-Monday, Oct. 21-25 (exact date TBA) at the Spooky Movie Film Festival, Washington, DC
• Saturday, Oct. 23 at the Knoxville Horror Film Festival, TN
The movie will be available in single- and double-DVD editions October 19, with Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround and 2.0 stereo soundtracks. The solo disc will include a Price commentary track, while the two-discer will additionally contain:
• Deleted scenes with Price commentary
• 40-minute “The Making of COLIN” documentary
• Original UK theatrical trailer
• Exclusive: Price’s new short film THE END
Retail price is $29.95 for the double-DVD set, $19.95 for the single. You can watch COLIN’s trailer below, and look for an article by Price on the movie’s creation in Fango #298, on sale in October.