Do the pub crawl with “THE WORLD’S END” on Blu-ray and DVD!Movies/TV,News Michael Gingold
You can go home again—but home is filled with otherwordly beings in THE WORLD’S END, the hilarious genre comedy from the SHAUN OF THE DEAD gang. Details have just come down about the movie’s disc release, along with the cover art.
Universal Studios Home Entertainment issues THE WORLD’S END on DVD, Blu-ray/DVD combo and on-demand November 19. Directed by Edgar Wright from a script he wrote with Simon Pegg, the film follows five old friends brought together by man-child Gary (Pegg) to recreate and complete an epic pub crawl they attempted but never finished in their youth. Instead, they wind up fighting to save the world from an alien invasion, with lots of blue-splattered comic brawls along the way. Nick Frost, Paddy Considine, Martin Freeman, Eddie Marsan and Rosamund Pike co-star; the movie will be presented in anamorphic 2.35:1 widescreen with Dolby Digital 5.1 sound on the DVD and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 on the Blu-ray. Extras on both the DVD and Blu-ray are an audio commentary by Wright and Pegg and the “Completing the Golden Mile—The Making of THE WORLD’S END” documentary. Exclusive to the Blu-ray package are:
• Cast commentary by Pegg, Frost and Considine
• Technical commentary by Wright and director of photography Bill Pope
• “Filling in the Blanks: The Stunts and FX of The World’s End” featurette
• Hair and makeup tests
• Rehearsal footage
• Stunt tapes: Behind the scenes of the bathroom fight, the twinbot fight and the Beehive fight
• VFX breakdown with visual FX Supervisor Frazer Churchill
• “There’s Only One Gary King—osymyso’s Inibri-8 Megamix,” a mashup of Gary King’s best moments
• “The Man Who Would Be (Gary) King”
• “Signs & Omens,” a film-clip montage highlighting all the hidden clues and hints throughout the film
• “Edgar & Simon’s Flip Chart”: Wright and Pegg reveal their step-by-step process of creating the story
• Deleted scene, outtakes, alternate edits and more!
The combo pack also includes Digital HD with UltraViolet, allowing fans to watch the movie on mobile devices, game consoles, etc. Retail prices are $29.98 for the DVD, $34.98 for the Blu-ray/DVD combo; see our WORLD’S END review here and some words from Wright here. Also coming on the 19th is THE ULTIMATE THREE FLAVORS CORNETTO TRILOGY, combining SHAUN OF THE DEAD, HOT FUZZ and THE WORLD’S END on DVD and Blu-ray, the latter with interactive screenplays.