Exclusive: Full details on three-disc Blu-ray/DVD of “MOREAU” documentary “LOST SOUL”Movies/TV,News Michael Gingold
The tortured saga of Richard Stanley’s involvement with THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU isn’t over yet. Fango just got exclusive full details on the big disc release of LOST SOUL, the acclaimed documentary about the ill-fated venture.
Severin Films releases LOST SOUL: THE DOOMED JOURNEY OF RICHARD STANLEY’S “ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU” (in which—full disclosure—yours truly appears as an interviewee) July 14 on a solo Blu-ray and a three-disc “House of Pain” Edition. Directed and produced by David Gregory (who first discussed LOST SOUL and other upcoming Severin discs with us here), the docu charts Stanley’s odyssey through his dream project, an adaptation of the classic H.G. Wells novel, which became a nightmare once big stars like Marlon Brando and Val Kilmer became involved, the production descended into chaos and John Frankenheimer ultimately replaced Stanley at the helm.
• Outtakes (over an hour)
• Graham Humphreys concept art gallery with Richard Stanley commentary
• Archive MOREAU interview with John Frankenheimer
• Barbara Steele recalls MOREAU (audio interview)
• “The Beast of Morbido” featurette
• “Return to the Compound” location featurette
• “Boar Man Diary” featurette
The “House of Pain” Edition will also contain:
Disc 2 (DVD)
• INSEL DER VERSCHOLLENEN (ISLAND OF THE LOST): recently discovered 1921 film version of MOREAU
• “H.G. Wells on Film” featurette
• “Richard Stanley on Wells” featurette
Disc 3 (CD)
• Audiobook: Stanley reads the unexpurgated version of Wells’ THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU
See our LOST SOUL review here.