Final Blu-ray details, release date revealed for “CREEPSHOW” documentary “JUST DESSERTS”Movies/TV,News Michael Gingold
We first gave you the scoop here about the Blu-ray release of JUST DESSERTS, the feature-length documentary on George A. Romero’s CREEPSHOW. Now we’ve just been informed of the full disc contents, and when you can enjoy them.
Synapse Films gave us the word that it will serve up JUST DESSERTS July 12. Directed and edited by Michael Felsher of Red Shirt Pictures, the 90-minute docu tells the full story of the creation of Romero’s 1982 Stephen King-penned anthology feature, with copious behind-the-scenes footage and photos and interviews with Romero, makeup FX creator Tom Savini, actors Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins, Ed Harris and others. JUST DESSERTS will be presented in 1080p hi-def 1.78:1 widescreen, and the Blu-ray will be fully loaded with bonus features:
• Audio commentary by director/editor Michael Felsher
• Audio commentary featuring interviews with actor John Amplas, property master Bruce Alan Miller and makeup FX assistant Darryl Ferrucci
• “CREEPSHOW Days”—an interview with director of photography Michael Gornick
• Extended interview segments with George A. Romero, Tom Savini and Bernie Wrightson
• Behind the Screams—a compilation of on-set video footage from Tom Savini
• “Horror’s Hallowed Grounds” with Sean Clark
• SCREAM GREATS VOLUME ONE: TOM SAVINI, MASTER OF HORROR EFFECTS with optional audio commentary by Tom Savini
• Vintage 1982 EVENING MAGAZINE segment shot on the set of the film, featuring rare cast and crew interviews
• “Behind the scenes of CREEPSHOW” photo gallery
Retail price is $24.95. Click on the link above for Felsher’s comments on the project, and see an excerpt from JUST DESSERTS below the art.