Grindhouse reveals Fulci’s “THE BEYOND” Blu-ray specs; pre-orders openMovies/TV,News Michael Gingold
The arguable pinnacle of Italian maestro Lucio Fulci’s oeuvre is coming to hi-def disc next year, and complete details on the contents of the three-disc set can be found after the jump.
Grindhouse Releasing has announced that it will release Fulci’s grisly supernatural shocker THE BEYOND February 10 in a package containing two Blu-rays (produced by Bob Murawski, Academy Award-winning editor of THE HURT LOCKER and numerous Sam Raimi films) and a CD of Fabio Frizzi’s soundtrack, remastered from the original studio tapes. The set will come with glow-in-the-dark artwork and feature a high-definition digital transfer of the uncensored director’s cut, with a Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround sound remix by Oscar-winner Paul Ottoman, plus an optional Italian-language soundtrack and the original mono mix. Special features include:
• Audio commentary by stars Catriona MacColl and genre superstar David Warbeck
• New in-depth interviews with stars Catriona MacColl, Cinzia Monreale and Giovanni De Nava, U.S. production manager Larry Ray, makeup artists Giannetto De Rossi and Maurizio Trani, cinematographer Sergio Salvati, writer Dardano Sacchetti, producer Fabrizio De Angelis, composer Fabio Frizzi, original U.S. distributor Terry Levene and Antonella Fulci
• Rare archival interviews with Lucio Fulci and Warbeck
• Lost German pre-credit sequence in full color
• Liner notes by legendary horror journalist Chas. Balun and Eurohorror expert Martin Beine
• Extensive still galleries and theatrical trailers
Plus more surprises. The set is now available exclusively for pre-order at Diabolik DVD; for one week only, you can click here to get THE BEYOND and Grindhouse’s collectors’ edition DVD of Fulci’s CAT IN THE BRAIN together at a reduced price. The Blu-ray release will be supported by a number of theatrical screenings of THE BEYOND at theaters across the U.S. and Canada, starting with shows tonight and tomorrow at Boston’s Coolidge Corner Theatre; keep on eye on Grindhouse’s screening page for further bookings.