Mile High Horror Film Festival ’15: “THE FINAL GIRLS”, “HE NEVER DIED” lead First Wave of Programming; “DEVIL’S REJECTS” Anniversary Screening Announced w/ Sid Haig Q&A!Home,Movies/TV,News Fangoria Staff 1 Comment
With every passing week of our media partnership with Mile High Horror Film Festival 2015, which takes place from October 1st to October 4th at the Alamo Drafthouse Littleton in Colorado, FANGORIA has wondered time and time again how the festival would top the exciting announcement from the week beforehand. And yet without fail, Mile High manages to do so, and this week is no exception as MHHFF 2015 has finally revealed their first wave of programming!
In addition to the previously announced retrospective screenings of THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD, SILVER BULLET, THE DESCENT and THE SHINING, as well as the All-Day Musical Showcase (featuring Ari Lehman’s First Jason), the live “WE’LL SEE YOU IN HELL” Podcast, the LGBT in Horror Panel and “TALES OF HALLOWEEN” (with a Neil Marshall Q&A moderated by filmmaker Adam Green!), the first wave of Mile High Horror Film Fest’s cinematic line-up includes:
– MHHFF’s second holiday-themed anthology, A CHRISTMAS HORROR STORY, starring William Shatner and co-directed by Steve Hoban (DARKNET), Brett Sullivan (GINGER SNAPS 2) and Grant Harvey (SHE MADE ME DO IT)
– Julien Seri’s Taxi Terror NIGHT FARE
– Dan Berk and Robert Olsen’s domestic thriller BODY, starring Helen Rogers (V/H/S) and indie genre icon Larry Fessenden
– Jason Krawczyk’s festival favorite HE NEVER DIED, starring Henry Rollins (FEAST)
– Onur (SUMMER OF BLOOD) Tukel’s scathing horror comedy APPLESAUCE, starring Dylan Baker (TRICK ‘R TREAT), Max Casella (INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS) and Trieste Kelly Dunn (BANSHEE)
– Ben Cresciman’s transgressive directorial debut SUN CHOKE, starring Barbara Crampton (RE-ANIMATOR), Sarah Hagan (BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER) and Sara Malakul Lane (SCOUT’S GUIDE TO THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE)
– BITE, the latest gruesome genre offering from Chad Archibald (THE DROWNSMAN)
– Karyn (JENNIFER’S BODY) Kusama’s slow-burn psychodrama THE INVITATION, starring Logan Marshall-Green (PROMETHEUS), Tammy Blanchard (THE GOOD SHEPHERD) and John Carroll Lynch (AMERICAN HORROR STORY)
– Deathwave auteur Mickey (POD) Keating’s DARLING, starring JUG FACE co-stars Sean Young, Larry Fessenden and Lauren Ashley Carter
– Hector Hernandez Vicens’ shocking Spanish thriller THE CORPSE OF ANNA FRITZ
– Todd Strauss-Schulson’s audience-slaying slasher satire THE FINAL GIRLS, starring Taissa Farmiga (AMERICAN HORROR STORY), Malin Akerman (WATCHMEN) and Adam DeVine (WORKAHOLICS)
Furthermore, FANGORIA is also announcing a 10th Anniversary screening of Rob Zombie’s THE DEVIL’S REJECTS, with none other than Captain Spaulding himself, Sid Haig, in attendance!
In addition to these films, previously announced guests at this year’s Mile High Horror Film Festival include Scream Queen legend Linnea Quigley, actor Ron Chaney, SHINING twins Lisa & Louise Burns, genre vet Joseph Turkel, horror icon Kane Hodder, comedians Joe DeRosa & Patrick Walsh, THE I IN EVIL author/FANGO Scribe Ken Hanley, FINAL DESTINATION writer Jeffrey Reddick and the aforementioned filmmakers Neil Marshall & Adam Green!
With a one month before the madness of Mile High Horror Film Festival 2015, FANGORIA is not yet done with exciting Mile High Horror announcements! And while VIP Memberships are still available HERE, individual tickets will be available Wednesday, September 9th. You can also be among the first to get individual tickets by signing up for Mile High’s email list HERE or HERE.