NY! Argento, Bava and more 35mm “Giallo Fever” coming to Anthology Film ArchivesMovies/TV,News Michael Gingold
A few years back, New York City’s Anthology Film Archives offered the rare opportunity to see a bunch of classic Italian horror/thrillers on the big screen, and now more films by Dario Argento (including CREEPERS/PHENOMENA, the cover story of this month’s FANGORIA #340), Mario Bava, Lucio Fulci and others are set to play there in 35mm.
Anthology (located at 32 Second Avenue at 2nd Street) has announced that Malastrana Film Series will present The Killer Must Kill Again!: Giallo Fever, Part 2 Friday, March 20 to Sunday, March 29, offering rare prints of 11 violent and surreal Italo-horror favorites. The lineup is as follows:
• Dario Argento’s TENEBRAE/TENEBRE (pictured above): Friday, March 20 at 7 p.m., Tuesday, March 24 at 9 p.m. and Sunday, March 29 at 4:45 p.m.
• Mario Bava’s BAY OF BLOOD (a.k.a. TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE)/REAZIONE A CATENA: Friday, March 20 at 9:15 p.m. and Wednesday, March 25 at 7 p.m.
• Umberto Lenzi’s DIRTY PICTURES (a.k.a. AN IDEAL PLACE TO KILL)/UN POSTO IDEALE PER UCCIDERE: Saturday, March 21 at 4:45 p.m. and Wednesday, March 25 at 9 p.m.
• Aldo Lado’s THE SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS/LA CORTA NOTTE DELLE BAMBOLE DI VETRO: Saturday, March 21 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, March 29 at 7 p.m.
• Dario Argento’s CREEPERS/PHENOMENA: Saturday, March 21 at 9 p.m. and Friday, March 27 at 7 p.m.
• Luigi Bazzoni’s FOOTPRINTS ON THE MOON (a.k.a. PRIMAL IMPULSE)/LE ORME: Sunday, March 22 at 4:45 p.m. and Thursday, March 26 at 7 p.m.
• Lucio Fulci’s THE PSYCHIC/SETTE NOTE IN NERO: Sunday, March 22 at 7 p.m., Thursday, March 26 at 9:15 p.m. and Sunday, March 29 at 9 p.m.
• Sergio Martino’s TORSO/I CORPI PRESENTANO TRACCE DI VIOLENZA CARNALE: Sunday, March 22 at 9 p.m. and Saturday, March 28 at 7 p.m.
• Giulio Questi’s DEATH LAID AN EGG (a.k.a. PLUCKED)/LA MORTE HA FATTO L’UOVO: Monday, March 23 at 7 p.m. and Saturday, March 28 at 5 p.m.
• Dario Argento’s FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET/4 MOSCHE DI VELLUTO GRIGIO: Monday, March 23 at 9 p.m. and Saturday, March 28 at 9 p.m.
• Sergio Martino’s ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK (a.k.a. THEY’RE COMING TO GET YOU)/TUTTI I COLORI DEL BUIO: Tuesday, March 24 at 7 p.m. and Friday, March 27 at 9 p.m.
THE SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS, FOOTPRINTS ON THE MOON and THE PSYCHIC will be shown in Italian with projected English subtitles; the others will be presented in their English-language release versions. For more information on the series and to order tickets, click here.