NY! Win free tickets to giallo screenings at Anthology Film ArchivesGiveaways,Movies/TV,News Michael Gingold
Classic Italian horror slashes and splatters across the big screen at New York City’s Anthology Film Archives (32 2nd Avenue at 2nd Street) later this month, and we’re offering the opportunity to catch “Giallo Fever” for free!
From Friday, March 20 through Sunday, March 29, Anthology and Malastrana Film Series are presenting The Killer Must Kill Again!: Giallo Fever, Part 2, a showcase of 11 rare screenings of 35mm prints from the Italo-horror giants. We’re offering a pair of tickets each to the following showings:
• Mario Bava’s BAY OF BLOOD (a.k.a. TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE)/REAZIONE A CATENA on Friday, March 20 at 9:15 p.m.
• Sergio Martino’s TORSO/I CORPI PRESENTANO TRACCE DI VIOLENZA CARNALE on Sunday, March 22 at 9 p.m.
• Dario Argento’s CREEPERS/PHENOMENA (pictured above) on Saturday, March 21 at 9 p.m. (with a raffle/giveaway of the new FANGORIA #340, featuring PHENOMENA cover stories!)
• Dario Argento’s FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET/4 MOSCHE DI VELLUTO GRIGIO on Saturday, March 28 at 9 p.m.
• Aldo Lado’s THE SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS/LA CORTA NOTTE DELLE BAMBOLE DI VETRO on Sunday, March 29 at 7 p.m.
To enter to win the tickets, send an e-mail to FANGORIAScreening@gmail.com, and be sure to put “GIALLO” in the subject line and include your full name and e-mail address. You can enter for up to three screenings—but please, only for movies you definitely plan to attend if you win. Deadline for entries is noon on Wednesday, March 18, and we will notify the winners via e-mail by Thursday, March 19; tickets will be held at the box office in their names. Good luck; see a trailer for the series below and find out more information here.