“PUMPKINHEAD II” and “SHARKNADO 2” Blu-ray/DVDetails and art arise!Movies/TV,News Michael Gingold
Two very different sequels, both featuring toothy creatures, are coming on disc in October, and content details have come down for both, along with cover art.
Hot on the heels of its PUMPKINHEAD Blu-ray (see details here), Shout! Factory will release Jeff Burr’s PUMPKINHEAD II: BLOOD WINGS on hi-def disc under the Scream Factory banner October 28. This one unleashes the demonic killing machine on a new vengeance quest tied to soul of a boy murdered years before, and features a genre-happy cast including HELLRAISER’s Andrew Robinson, WITCHBOARD 2’s Ami Dolenz, RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD III’s J. Trevor Edmond, Kane Hodder, Linnea Quigley, R.A. Mihailoff, SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT’s Lilyan Chauvin and Bill’s brother Roger Clinton. The 1.85:1 transfer will be supplemented by:
• New audio commentary by director Burr
• New “Re-Creating the Beast,” featuring interviews with special FX artists Greg Nicotero, Gino Crognale and Pumpkinhead actor Mark McCracken (32 minutes)
• New “Making Movies,” an interview with Burr (60 minutes)
• Behind-the-scenes footage
Retail price is $24.97.
On a more recent tip, Cinedigm and The Asylum will give SHARKNADO 2: THE SECOND ONE its DVD, Blu-ray and digital HD debut October 7 in a never-before-aired extended version with additional footage. Original SHARKNADO director Anthony C. Ferrante and scripter Thunder Levin encored on the follow-up, which brings the great white storm to Manhattan and trashes a number of familiar landmarks, plus a slew of cameoing celebrities. Special features on the DVD and Blu-ray are:
• Director commentary with stars Ian Ziering and Tara Reid
• “The Making of SHARKNADO 2”
• “Shark Chum: From the Cutting Room Floor”: deleted scenes
• Gag reel
• Cameos spotlight
The Blu-ray will additionally include an exclusive filmmakers’ commentary and visual FX featurette. Retail prices are $14.93 for the DVD, $19.93 for the Blu-ray. See our two-part SHARKNADO 2 set visit here and here.